Self-guided Canoe Trip Package - Jokkmokk to Kvikkjokk, 7 days
- Kesto: 7 Päivät (noin)
- Paikka: Jokkmokk
- Tuotekoodi: SelfGuidedJmkKvikkj7d
A 7 days self-guided canoe trip along the river valley from Jokkmokk’s woodlands in the east to the beautiful Kvikkjokk mountains in the west. In Kvikkjokk many hiking trails starts which is perfect if you like to continue on a hiking tour, for example along the King’s Trail – Kungsleden.
Small villages are situated around the lakes and settlers has lived here since the beginning of the 1600 century. Sámi people already were already here and lived from reindeer keeping, hunting and fishing. If you go further back in time there is ancient remains from 6000-year-old hunting societies. This is a wilderness area with a changing and vibrant culture since ages ago.
This paddle route is a suitable tour for you who like to experience the wilderness of Swedish Lapland without feeling all alone. You can paddle for days without seeing anyone but you are not far away from help if you should need it. There is mobile phone coverage on several places along the river valley but not everywhere. You’re travelling on big waters so you need to be aware that it can blow up quickly and high waves may occur so be careful and always paddle close to shore.
There are 3 portages along the way. On all three of them you can use the canoe cart.
For information about fishing regulations and fishing permits: www.natureit.se
NOTE! Price per package is for 2 personsIncluded in the price:
- 1 canoe for 2 person
- 2 Life jacket, 3 paddles
- 1 Waterproof barrel, 60 liter
- 1 Canoe cart
- Sponge, poop shovel, garbage bag
- Loan of tour map
- Transportation for 2 persons:
Jokkmokk and launch point day 1
Kvikkjokk to Jokkmokk day 7
Day 1, Meet us at Jokkmokk bus station at 11:00
Day 7, Meet us outside Kvikkjokk Church at 13:00-13:30 (We're back in Jokkmokk at approx 16:00-16:30)
- You need to be packed and ready for departure when we meet at the bus station at day 1.
- If you see that you will not reach the end destination in Kvikkjokk at appointed time, you need contact us no later than 24 hours before regular pick-up time, so we together can plan and decide where and when to pick you and the equipment up. If it’s possible to pick you up along the way during regular transports, you will not be charged extra. If not, you will be charged the regular transport price for the total extra mileage, 140 Sek/10 km. Extra transports take place outside the regular time schedule when we have the opportunity. If we do not get the canoe and equipment back on time, you will also be charged extra rent according to regular prices.
- AND of course you need to know how to paddle and read a map.
How to get here:
Follow the link for more info: www.jokkmokkguiderna.com/en/travel-lapland-sweden-jokkmokk